8 Project Management Skills That Are in High Demand | Project Management Roundup
As we all know, economic slowdown of 2008-2009, has forced businesses to rethink about their spending. Organizations today, want to check that every penny spent will deliver some value for the businesses. In order to ensure value delivered for every penny, businesses are increasingly relying on project management professionals to deliver projects more predictably.
This wouldn’t be a challenge for skilled and experienced project managers but if other project managers (or to be) are not going to acknowledge and change themselves to changing dynamics of business or nt acquire project management skills, they are going to be left behind or go out of business. Let’s look at what CIO online thinks about 8 project management skills that are in high demand today. Also these project management skills will serve as a good checklist for interviewers for finding candidate-company fit in a longer run.
- Not only people skill but also technical project management skills are required
- Excellent inter-personal and professional communication skills
- Ability to lead team, project through all kinds of situations
- Change management and organizational development expertise
- More involvement and acumen of strategic business management
- Ability to resolve conflict, navigate project team towards common goal
- Qualities like being adaptive and unflappability in difficult situations
- Exceptional facilitation skills
Read more here.
Those who are entering the professional career of project management, and getting ready for their first ever project management role, here is a list of things you will have to keep in mind in order to succeed. This article will help you in improving your chances of making your stint as project manager successful role, by planning following basic components of a project.
- Project Management Tool
- Metrics, Checkpoint, Condition Monitoring
- Business Objectives Definition
Read more about planning your first project manager role.
An interesting discussion topic in today’s time. Choosing project management as a career is no more a fancy thing, academically or career progression-wise, project management is considered to be an enriching career choice. Of course it means lot of responsibilities, accountability, constant interaction, follow ups, facing conflicting situations, people issues, communication challenges, and lot more. Above all, as the article says, project management is really about keep moving forward and learning to keep heads above water. You can follow this discussion for more views.
Project management software for professional services organization is necessity than a wishful thinking. In cut-throat competition, rising resource cost, professional services companies wants to stay ahead of the competition. They want to increase bilability, which means, they would like to see more consultants being deployed/billed, meaning more resource utilization, which in turn requires proper capacity planning. In order to do right capacity planning, director or vice president of these companies need to ensure they have clear visibility of all consultants or technical, support resources across all projects. It means organization needs more than project management skills, to manage project better.
Project management software like ZilicusPM gives the clear visibility into resources load, capacity, billing, cost and margin. It is simple to use, can be used on the go, enables team members to know pending tasks, issues, they can submit timesheet, expenses, collaborate with client.
Your life can be become easier with the right project management system. ZilicusPM is the right PM tool for you and your team. Get started now.
Additional readings about project management, leadership
- Case Study: What Happens When Project Team Has Dual Reporting
- Avoid These 10 Most Common Mistakes That Leads to Project Failure
- Back2Basics: Ultimate Project Management Guide: Project Planning
- 8 Reasons to Decide Whether Your Organization Needs Project Management Office
- Compare the best project management software
- All in one project management software
- Guide to selecting best project management software
- Gantt Chart
- Time Tracking
- Budgeting and Cost Management
- Resource Planning and Management
- Issue Tracking
- Risk Management
- Change Management
- Meeting Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Project Portfolio Management
- Project Reporting
- Document Management to help you manage and deliver projects better?
Zilicus offers All-In-One online project management software ZilicusPM that provides complete project management control for project and portfolio managers; at the same time makes it really simple for project team members to stay on top of things. If you have been managing projects with conventional spreadsheet/ Microsoft Excel templates or MS Project or emails, it is the right time to start using online project portfolio management software. ZilicusPM is great platform for better project collaboration. Take a screenshot tour of project management software ZilicusPM.