Inventions: Project that generated projects
Inventions Which Changed The World : Project That Generated Projects, Lot of Projects
We might be overwhelmed with the choices we have available now, just to select those inventions that changed the world. Inventions that made it possible for us to live in the world we are today. Here is the list of inventions in my opinion (from project management perspective, that paved way for other projects)
- Printing Devices
- Bar Code
- Electronic Money Transfer
What is common in the indicative list?
- These inventions are – result of enduring intelligence and persistent efforts (Remember the work done by Benjamin Franklin, Bernard Silver, Marie & Pierre Curie, )
- These efforts were meticulously planned for variations in experiments & executed patiently (Remember methods used by- FW Taylor, Henry Fayol, Henry Gantt )
- When the world realized potentials of these innovations, in turn they have, generated tremendous opportunity for further innovations (commercial or otherwise) as well massive number of projects were undertaken across the world. These resulting projects were meant to make human life better and better.
Following table gives brief idea about these inventions, what sort of betterment of life has taken place.
Resulting projects created
Can you read this article without electricity/ some for of electrical power supply ?
The whole writing exercise changed economically & commercially
For that matter, most of the man made things we see, has some or other information printed on it. [Xerox, HP]
Automatic reading of product information by machine for Sales & Inventory management
|The whole Bar code Industry is thankful to it.
Undeniably the game changer for the financial system in this decade & many years to come
Can you image Amazon,Ebay, any eccomerce without online money transfer?
Connectivity anywhere: Indispensable, inseparable part of today’s life.
Can you imagine:
- What would have happened to Pyramids of Giza if four managers responsible for each corner of the Pyramids did not have proper plan,
- What if they did not have correct understanding of the plan, right resources to build it and correct communication among them?
- Could it have become different shape all together, otherwise?
- Would it be like: One corner was yet to complete & all others were waiting for it to complete?
- Irrespective of above hypothetical questions, One can definitely image what kind of immense/huge project it would have been !
We have following instances known to us or the people who were involves: have shared significant details of these.
Project Apollo 11 can be an example of project & program management planned, executed and delivered successfully, whereas Apollo 13 has been considered as successful failure!
Believe it or not. Project Management is being practiced since ages. Hence we can find such excellent things are successfully delivered during ancient times. We have so many things to learn from past & lead the way forward.
Looking at these things, makes us to be thankful to our forefathers (inventors), be humble & expects us to take their way forward in some way. As we try to take their way forward, we certainly need to understand their practices/methodologies, endurance/persistence and put those in appropriate context.
Additional readings about project management, leadership
- Avoid These 10 Most Common Mistakes That Leads to Project Failure
- Transition of A Good To Great Project Manager
- Looking for a robust task management software: Best of Both Worlds: Gantt Chart + Kanban Board?
- Project Management Tool for Software/ IT Projects
- 7 Reasons Why SMBs Prefer All In One Project Management Tool
Your life can be become easier with the right project management system. ZilicusPM is the right PM tool for you and your team. Get started now.
Zilicus offers the best project portfolio management tool ZilicusPM, with robust project management tools capabilities and easy ways to track project management KPI,
Know more about project portfolio management, Gantt chart, best project management tool, project management office, project management tips, project planning guide, project risk management, project scope management, effective project management, project manager guides and know more about Project Portfolio Management Software, Project Management Software Guide.
Thanks on your marvelous post!
I enjoyed reading it, you might be a great author.I want to encourage one to continue your great writing, have a great blog writing!
Your job being a manager is to advertise positive work environment. It’s better to be alone rather than be in bad organization.