Lesser Chaos, Better Project Resource Planning Using New ZilicusPM
Zilicus, the award winning online project management software provider, launched the latest version ZilicusPM 7.4, empowering project managers to do optimum project resource planning and enabling project teams to collaborate in better ways.
Dhan, Co-founder of Zilicus said, “Businesses offering professional services face severe challenges in delivering projects successfully.” and he continued, “The real challenge they face is to ensure optimum utilization of resources while maximizing billability of those resources. ZilicusPM 7.4 gives clear visibility into resource capacity planning, helps organization to maximize resource utilization and in turn improve topline”
The latest version of ZilicusPM makes project resource planning and management even quicker and easier for organization to manage resource skillset, roles and check resource capacity, availability against demand. Resource capacity planning coupled with resource utilization and project financial information will give management clear visibility to optimally manage project resource-cost-billing proposition. The newest version will make it even easier for project planners and project managers to track project progress by selective filtering of tasks based on dates (start date, due date, etc.).
Here is brief information of the features introduced in the latest version
Resource Role, Skillset
Managing resource pool in the project organization based on resource skillset and job roles is simplified in ZilicusPM. In Adam Smith’s real world, where people identified with specialized skillset give better outcome, the newest version of ZilicusPM makes it quicker for project managers to identify right resource for a task depending on its skillset or job role.
Project Resource Planning : Capacity
Professional services organizations like consulting services, IT services, accounting, legal, engineering services and alike, their primary business (top-line) is driven by optimum utilization of professional resources and by maximizing resource hours (billability) rendered to their customers thus maximizing the revenue.
For such professional services organizations, resource planning is really critical and resource management software module in ZilicusPM equips resource managers and portfolio managers to clearly identify current capacity of organization’s resources based on role, demand for a given role (and given resource) and resulting availability. If demand is more than its capacity, resource manager can judiciously consider hiring more resources of specific job role; alternatively if resource availability is ample, one can ask sales team to bring more business to utilize spare capacity.
Here are other enhancements that are introduced in this release:
· Document sharing with customers – The project management software – ZilicusPM provides another avenue for project team to collaborate with their project customers. Project team can share project documents with customers and project customers can share project documents with team members as well.
· Project schedule, Task Filtering – Selective filtering of tasks in project schedule is even easier now. Project managers can filter task schedule based on start date, due date etc, by specifying tasks which are starting/completing on, before or after a specific date. There can be situation where project manager would like to know tasks which are starting after October 3rd and completing before 10th December, they apply such filters to check only relevant set of tasks.
Plus there have been additional enhancements and bug fixes also included in ZilicusPM 7.4. For more details of above features please visit this page.
Additional readings about project management, leadership
- Case Study: What Happens When Project Team Has Dual Reporting
- Project Managers Can’t Bypass Stress. Question Is How to Deal with It?
- Back2Basics: Ultimate Project Management Guide: Project Planning
- 8 Reasons to Decide Whether Your Organization Needs Project Management Office
- How To Select The Right Project Management Software
Your life can be become easier with the right project management system. ZilicusPM is the right PM tool for you and your team. Get started now.
Zilicus offers the best project portfolio management tool ZilicusPM, with robust project management tools capabilities and easy ways to track project management KPI,
Know more about project portfolio management, Gantt chart, best project management tool, project management office, project management tips, project planning guide, project risk management, project scope management, effective project management, project manager guides and know more about Project Portfolio Management Software, Project Management Software Guide.
[…] a project manager, you always deal with CHAOS; your team needs to collaborate and work with cross functional team. It has always been difficult […]