Tips to Manage Projects Effectively – Meticulous Planning
Effective Project Management – Meticulous Planning
The next step after concluding project requirements, scope is project planning. One of the major assumption most project managers have about project planning is, it is only about scheduling or Gantt chart. It is not entirely correct. Project planning is far more than just scheduling tasks. One needs to consider impact of staff members, cost budgeting, potential risks and opportunities, changes. Remember, planning is a process rather than an outcome. Once you realise this, most things will fall in place as your planning decision will be driven by sound principles and processes.
For a project manager to effectively manage project lifecycle, s/he needs to get it right, right from the beginning. Project planning is the first major exercise any project manager has to do carefully. Take look at few pointers the image below to effective plan projects.
Stay tuned for the next post about clear project stakeholder communication.
Do check following posts in this series.
- Effective project management with clarity of project scope
- Effective project management with holistic planning – schedule, cost, staff, risks
- Effective project management with clear, frequent Project communication
- Effective project management using project management tool
- Effective project management with regular project monitoring & control
- Effective project management – deliver, close & review project
- Effective project management tips summary
Additional readings about project management, leadership
- Case Study: What Happens When Project Team Has Dual Reporting
- Avoid These 10 Most Common Mistakes That Leads to Project Failure
- Back2Basics: Ultimate Project Management Guide: Project Planning
- 8 Reasons to Decide Whether Your Organization Needs Project Management Office
- Compare the best project management software
- All in one project management software
Your life can be become easier with the right project management system. ZilicusPM is the right PM tool for you and your team. Get started now.
- Gantt Chart
- Time Tracking
- Budgeting and Cost Management
- Resource Planning and Management
- Issue Tracking
- Risk Management
- Change Management
- Meeting Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Project Portfolio Management
- Project Reporting
- Document Management to help you manage and deliver projects better?
Know more about project portfolio management, Gantt chart, best project management tool, project management office, project management tips, project planning guide, project risk management, project scope management, effective project management, project manager guides and know more about Project Portfolio Management Software, Project Management Software Guide.