The Week About Project Managers and Leadership (Apr-1)
The Week That Was About Project Managers, Leadership and Sustainability (April 2015)
Amidst the news about Cricket World Cup 2015 championship, we didn’t want to miss out on interesting articles for project managers. Here are few selected articles about project managers, PMP certification, sustainability.
An interesting discussion for budding project managers at Project Management Central about preparing for PMP Examination. In this discussion forum project managers have shared their views about useful resources to prepare for PMI’s Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification. You can read more about it here. As many project managers, professionals in the discussion stated, Rita Mulcahy’s preparation book considered to be the most recommended resource to prepare for the PMP examination.
The team at Element Project Services highlights project management efforts required for business sustainability. The article has the context of construction industry however the principles can be applied to other sectors too. The articles starts off this this article asking ‘What does sun, wind and light have to do with Project Management?’ thereby answering it as ‘Everything’. The article author argues about two points
- Sustainable Architecture is not New: Sustainability is certainly not new businesses. Sustainable architecture has been in practice for last 50 years. So keeping sustainability in mind, project managers are expected to work with client, partners and team so that they can perform and deliver project consistent with sustainability principles.
- 2. Myth Bust: “Acting sustainably is more expensive” Author argues that sustainable project management reduces cost on the contrary to the belief that it reduces cost in longer run.
Another project management related article where Jamie Vernon talks about project planning-execution as a learning process and importance of focusing on delivering value rather than blame game or short-sighted tactics. This article has some interesting/witty comments (like Remove Blame, Identify and quantify impact, Meta-tag the notes, put them in a common framework, and store them in a public area, The cathartic experience matters, Faster execution can be just as bad as slower execution, etc.) which will be interesting to project managers and guideline about moving forward with project planning, execution. Read more for details.
Your life can be become easier with the right project management system. ZilicusPM is the right PM tool for you and your team. Get started now.
Additional readings about project management, leadership
- Case Study: What Happens When Project Team Has Dual Reporting
- Avoid These 10 Most Common Mistakes That Leads to Project Failure
- Back2Basics: Ultimate Project Management Guide: Project Planning
- 8 Reasons to Decide Whether Your Organization Needs Project Management Office
- Compare the best project management software
- All in one project management software
- Guide to selecting best project management software
- Gantt Chart
- Time Tracking
- Budgeting and Cost Management
- Resource Planning and Management
- Issue Tracking
- Risk Management
- Change Management
- Meeting Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Project Portfolio Management
- Project Reporting
- Document Management to help you manage and deliver projects better?
Know more about project portfolio management, Gantt chart, best project management tool, project management office, project management tips, project planning guide, project risk management, project scope management, effective project management, project manager guides and know more about Project Portfolio Management Software, Project Management Software Guide.
Img Ref: linked to respective websites
Also published on Medium.