Tips for Effective Project Management – Project Delivery, Closure and Review
Tips For Effective Project Management – Project Delivery, Closure & Review
As project is monitored and controlled well, there will be no surprise that it will be delivered on time and within budget and hopefully meeting stakeholder’s expectations. The next project phase where project manager has to really think about wrapping up his/team’s effort is project delivery, closure and review. Project delivery is obviously crucial step where end user can finally get his/her hands on the project outcome, and should start seeing the benefits. In order to make the most out of the project delivery and closure process, project manager has to keep certain things in mind as given below.
Key points for Project Closure
- Transfer project deliverable
- Run a pilot & plan for roll-out program
- Acceptance of project deliverable
- Analyse overall project & create project report
- Train and reassign staff for handover
- Assess vendor performance, conclude payments
- Finalise project documentation
Key points for Project Review
- Project Summary
- Project Resourcing
- Project Deliverable (Planned Vs Actual)
- Project Delivery Timeline (Planned vs Actual)
- Project Cost (Planned vs Actual)
- Report project performance considering various project KPIs
- Transition to Operation/Maintenance
- Lessons Learned
- Things to apply for next project
Take look at few pointers the infographics below to effectively manage project while delivery, closure and review process.
Do check next tip to summarise this series of posts.
If you haven’t been using PM tool yet and looking for a project management software, refer this guide to select the right project management tool for your team. You can as well refer this list of best project management software available in the market.
Do check following posts in this series.
- Effective project management with clarity of project scope
- Effective project management with holistic planning – schedule, cost, staff, risks
- Effective project management with clear, frequent Project communication
- Effective project management using project management tool
- Effective project management with regular project monitoring & control
- Effective project management – deliver, close & review project
- Effective project management tips summary
Additional readings about project management, leadership
- Case Study: What Happens When Project Team Has Dual Reporting
- Avoid These 10 Most Common Mistakes That Leads to Project Failure
- Back2Basics: Ultimate Project Management Guide: Project Planning
- 8 Reasons to Decide Whether Your Organization Needs Project Management Office
- Compare the best project management software
- All in one project management software
Your life can be become easier with the right project management system. ZilicusPM is the right PM tool for you and your team. Get started now.
- Gantt Chart
- Time Tracking
- Budgeting and Cost Management
- Resource Planning and Management
- Issue Tracking
- Risk Management
- Change Management
- Meeting Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Project Portfolio Management
- Project Reporting
- Document Management to help you manage and deliver projects better?
Zilicus offers All-In-One online project management software ZilicusPM that provides complete project management control for project and portfolio managers; at the same time makes it really simple for project team members to stay on top of things. If you have been managing projects with conventional spreadsheet/ Microsoft Excel templates or MS Project or emails, it is the right time to start using online project portfolio management software. ZilicusPM is great platform for better project collaboration. Take a screenshot tour of project management software ZilicusPM and Sign up for 30-days free trial of project management software ZilicusPM