Tips to Manage Projects Effectively – Clear Stakeholder Communication
Effective Project Management – Clear Stakeholder Communication
As a part of project planning, there has to be project communication plan as well. Stakeholder communication is integral part of project management. It decides how project information is conveyed, to whom it is communicated, how much frequently, in which form it is communicated, etc. Different project stakeholders need different project information at different times. Project manager has to first understand existing communication methods, protocol, resistance and and in some cases, s/he needs to inculcate communication culture in the project team.
Four important aspects to stakeholder communication
- What (status update or risk assignment – Clear Expectations)
- Who (team member, client, portfolio manager or other stakeholder- Responsibility)
- When (ASAP, one week before start, before due date passes – Urgency)
- How (email, one-on-one meeting, tool, app notification – Approach)
Take look at few pointers the image below to effective project stakeholder communication.
Take a look at next post about effective project management – using right project management tool.
Do check following posts in this series.
- Effective project management with clarity of project scope
- Effective project management with holistic planning – schedule, cost, staff, risks
- Effective project management with clear, frequent Project communication
- Effective project management using project management tool
- Effective project management with regular project monitoring & control
- Effective project management – deliver, close & review project
- Effective project management tips summary
Additional readings about project management, leadership
- Case Study: What Happens When Project Team Has Dual Reporting
- Avoid These 10 Most Common Mistakes That Leads to Project Failure
- Back2Basics: Ultimate Project Management Guide: Project Planning
- 8 Reasons to Decide Whether Your Organization Needs Project Management Office
- Compare the best project management software
- All in one project management software
Your life can be become easier with the right project management system. ZilicusPM is the right PM tool for you and your team. Get started now.
- Gantt Chart
- Time Tracking
- Budgeting and Cost Management
- Resource Planning and Management
- Issue Tracking
- Risk Management
- Change Management
- Meeting Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Project Portfolio Management
- Project Reporting
- Document Management to help you manage and deliver projects better?
Zilicus offers All-In-One online project management software ZilicusPM that provides complete project management control for project and portfolio managers; at the same time makes it really simple for project team members to stay on top of things. If you have been managing projects with conventional spreadsheet/ Microsoft Excel templates or MS Project or emails, it is the right time to start using online project portfolio management software. ZilicusPM is great platform for better project collaboration. Take a screenshot tour of project management software ZilicusPM and Sign up for 30-days free trial of project management software ZilicusPM