Ultimate Project Management Guide
A thing that gets started with an idea, turns into a proposal, which in turn is crafted as a plan. Once right people-roles are identified to work as per the schedule, you estimate the cost to deliver project; then you get budget-approval. You also have to keep in mind obstacles your team may face during this process. Then you start assigning activities to right people, start tracking progress of those activities, managing incidents, handling changes required. You may require to do a course correction to deliver desired outcome. As things get delivered you check with stakeholders if stakeholders are able to achieve desired results or not, you also note things learned in the process.
That’s essentially summing up of project planing, tracking, monitoring and closure process for you. If all of these sound bit overwhelming, you have come to the right place.
It’s time for Project Management 101.
Whether you are an aspiring PM or a seasoned PM professional, moving up in the ladder by learning/sharpening new PM skills is part of career progress. Project management needs professionals who have excellent multi-disciplinary skills (not just scheduling & resourcing).
Ultimate Project Management Guide
ZilicusPM gives you a project management guide not only to revisit the project management basics but also learn from the best practices, be aware of mistakes others have made & hone your project management skills. In short, this is the ultimate project management guide that you can’t miss if you want to excel in your project management career and be the best project manager.
Here, you will learn what you need to know about project management. Be it project management strategies, basics of project management to expert advice about controlling derailing project, to recover from a messy situation to manage stress, to build productive team to project management software.
Fundamentals of Project Management
What is Project Management?
- Fundamental Constituent of Project Management Universe
- Questions Project Manager Should Ask During Every Phase of a Project
- Project Planning Overview
- Managing Project Scope While Planning a Project
- Project Schedule Planning
- Planning Project Resources
- Project Cost Planning
- Project Quality Planning
- Project Communication Planning
- Project Risk Planning
- Project Planning at Your Fingertips
- Pro-Tips for Effective Project Planning
Back to Basics of Project Risk Management
- What Is a Project Risk? Why Should You Manage Project Risks??
- What Does It Involve to Analyse a Project Risk?
- How to Evaluate Project Risk?
- Challenges in Evaluating Project Risks
Project Scope Management
- What-Why-How – of a Project Scope: Introduction
- Project Scope Definition, Verifying a Project Scope
- Monitoring and Controlling Project Scope
- Effectively Managing Project Scope
Ultimate Project Manager Guide
- Essential Role and Responsibilities of a Project Manager
- A Typical Day In The Life Of a Project Manager
- 5 Project Manager’s Behaviour That Can Fail Project
- Tips for Effective Project Planning
- 10 Things a Great Project Managers Do
- Transition of a Good to Great Project Manager
- Are You Ready To Be The Next Generation Project Manager?
- 10 Questions a Project Manager Should Ask
- 16 Things Good Project Manager Knows & Practices Regularly
- 4 Ways Project Managers Can Drive Business Better
- 7 Critical Project Management Software Features Project Managers Needs
- Project Managers Can Be Your Business Partner
- 7 Questions That Give Project Managers Sleepless Nights
- New Year Resolution for Project Managers
- 7 Important Things Project Managers Need to Succeed
- Questions Project Manager Should Ask To Ensure Project Success
- Tech Trends Project Manager Should Know
- Successful Project Manager (Weekly Roundup)
- Lessons to Learn to Be Ultimate Project Manager (Weekly Roundup)
Managing Project Team
- Project Team Management – Dos and Don’ts
- 5 Reasons Why Project Teams Are Unable to Get Things Done
- How to Gear Up Project Team to Meet Project Deadline – Right Resource Mix, Clear Resposibility & Communication
- Create Enabling Environment to Gear Up Project Team to Meet Project Deadline
- Rules to Build High Performing Team: Team Formation
- Building High Performing Team: Team Formation Lifecycle & Shared Goals
- 6 Rules to Build High Performance Team – Hiring, Delegation, Communication & Performance
- Challenges in Hiring Right Resources For Your Team and Tips to Do It Right
- Decision Making In a Group – Individual Perspective
- Project Management – Case Study on Project Team Management
- Project Management Case Study – Managing Team Conflict
- Managing Remote Project Teams – Weekly Roundup
- Should You Hire Industry Outsider In Your Team – Weekly Roundup
Team Productivity: Make The Most of Your Resources
- 8 Tips to Improve Productivity at Work
- 5 Productivity Hacks You Can Easily Implement at Workplace
- The Second Best Time You Have is Now – Be More Productive
- Productivity Is Not About People (HBR Article) Weekly Roundup
- Developing Habits and Secrets to Improve Your Productivity
- Ultimate Personal Productivity Platform Recap
- Productivity Tips of The Week – Weekly Roundup
Project Leadership Aspect: Leading Teams to Success
- Project Leader or Manager – Who Drives Higher Project Success
- Styles & Realities of Leadership – What it Means for Project Leadership
- Being an Effective Project Leader – Lessons for Project Managers
Managing Software Projects
- Software Project Management – Introduction
- Software Project Management – Activities and Roles
- Software Project Estimation, Planning
- Software Project Management Processes – SDLC Activities
- 5 Best Practices of IT Project Management
- PM Tools for IT Project Management
- IT Project Management – Governance
Your life can become much simpler with the right project management system. ZilicusPM is the right PM tool for you and your team. Get started now.
Zilicus offers All-In-One online project management software ZilicusPM that provides complete project management control for project and portfolio managers; at the same time makes it really simple for project team members to stay on top of things. If you have been managing projects with conventional spreadsheet/ MS Excel templates or emails, it is the right time to start using online project portfolio management software. ZilicusPM is great platform for better project collaboration. Take a screenshot tour of project management software tour of ZilicusPM and Sign up for 30-days free trial of project management software ZilicusPM